Are you interested in adopting a pet from a rescue group but aren't sure if it's the best option for you? Here are some things to consider before making a decision.
What should I think about before I adopt a pet?
Adopting a pet is a big decision. After all, you will be caring for the animal for the rest of its life. Before you make the decision to adopt, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I want a pet?
- Will my schedule allow me enough time to dedicate to the pet?
- Does everyone in my home want a pet?
- Does everyone agree about the type of pet we should get?
- Is anyone in my home allergic to pets?
- Who will care for the pet?
- Can I afford the yearly food, medical and veterinary costs?
Planning to adopt a new friend? Regular veterinary care is an important aspect of pet ownership. We offer free exams to pets adopted from the Georgetown Animal Shelter, Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter, and Texas Humane Heroes. Please call us to schedule an appointment for your new pet.